Are you ready to find the one? Whether you're looking for someone to laugh with, someone to cry with, or just someone to be there for you, we're here to help.
Is finding the right partner a key ingredient in your recipe for a happy life?
Relationships are an essential part of living a fulfilled life, but it's important to make sure your connections bring you joy and balance - not stress or hurt. So, take your time and be sure the relationship you are getting into will be a healthy one.
While the search can seem elusive, it gets much easier if you learn to focus on the qualities that are fundamental to forging healthy and positive relationships: character, background, personality, and chemistry.
1. Assess their availability. For a loving relationship, both parties must be available for love. If one of you is already involved with another person, you're already off to a difficult start! Circumstances may change with time or you may need to look elsewhere.
2. Establish trust. Trust is basic to any stable relationship. You deserve a relationship that enhances your peace of mind, rather than creating new anxieties.
3. Look at how they manage conflicts. It's okay to disagree as long as you respect each other's positions. Arguments can even bring you closer together when you both aim for solutions that satisfy both parties rather than seeking victory.
1. Resolve past issues. Regardless of what hardships a person has faced, focus on what they did to overcome adversity and challenges.
2. Discuss previous relationships. People have different comfort levels when it comes to talking about past lovers. Still, it's important to be aware of any patterns and know how to manage them.
3. Learn from each other's family history. Our family experiences often have a profound influence in shaping our lives and our reactions to new events. For example, knowing how your potential partner felt about their parent's divorce might help you understand them better.
4. Find common ground on money matters. Mingling finances is a big step. Get a sense of how compatible you are when it comes to making decisions about spending and saving.
· Many successful couples have different perspectives on economics, but they make it work by balancing each other's strengths and weaknesses.
5. Know each other's expectations about parenting. Parenting is one issue where it's very difficult to make compromises. Before making a commitment, clarify whether you're on the same page with wanting a big family or a family of two.
1. Communicate. Constructive communication is the lifeline for any alliance. Communication skills can be improved with practice, but it's helpful to know each other's habits.
2. Have fun together. After all, you're looking for someone whose company you'll enjoy. If your girlfriend makes you laugh even during tax season, this is a good sign that you may have a future together.
3. Share common interests. Liking the same things will also help you feel more connected. Whether you love film festivals or camping, you can create meaningful experiences and happy memories that you both will treasure.
1. Let the sparks fly. Physical attraction is one of the greatest joys in life. As long as all the other elements for a healthy relationship are in place, it's wonderful to find a mate who makes your heart race.
2. Stay healthy. If your partner leads a healthy lifestyle, you may be more likely to preserve that initial attraction. You might even be rewarded with having more years to spend together.
3. Take a balanced view of romance. It's great to keep romance alive so long as it's free from illusions. Passions will fluctuate over time, but your sense of commitment and affection can keep on growing through the years.
A life partner is a precious gift. We all appreciate feeling validated and having someone to share our happiness. Knowing what to look for pays off when you're looking for love.
If you're a Christian sometimes it is hard to find someone who shares your values. If they don't share your values the relationship is probably not going to work.
There are lots of single Christians out there looking for the same things in life that you are. Try Christian Cafe, your life partner just may be there waiting for you.
Finding Your Soul Mate, God's Way: 1+1=1 Paperback – October 31, 2012
According to God's Word, you will know your Soul Mate...
"Finding Your Soul Mate, God's Way," was published after exhaustive biblical research on what God says about Soul Mates. He promises that if we do our part, He will send us our soul mate...
This book tells us what our part is and that we'll know who our soul mate is in His timing. But first, we must make some major changes in order to receive The Gold Medal of Relationships. By the end of this book, according to God's Word, YOU WILL KNOW who your soul mate is...guaranteed!"